Picaroon’s will offer the first public release of it’s Cask conditioned beer at the Garrison District Alehouse in Fredericton this Thursday at 4pm. Yippee IPA will be the featured beer with fill ups of the same available in growlers next door at the Brewtique.
As the beer
geeks snobs enthusiasts who tend to frequent this site know, cask conditioned ale is conditioned and served directly from the cask which results in a richer beer with lots of character. Cask conditioned ales are not commonly available due to the special care that is required to offer the brew so if you’re in Fredericton this Thursday enjoy a pint or two!
This Saturday at 1:00 pm, Rockbottom Brewpub will be tapping a firkin of Belgian-style Pale Ale know as Brewnoser BPA (check this link for additional information on ingredients and stats for the brew). This is the first in a series of collaboration beers with members of the local Brewnosers club with this particular recipe coming from member Robert McGrath.
Check out this entertaining video interview with Greg Nash from Hart & Thistle (when he’s not working at Rockbottom Brewpub) from the True Canadian Beers website to find out:
- How under-aged Nash was when he started brewing.
- What a “real” brewery is.
- Where he had his first job out of brewing school (the city has celebrated more NFL championships that any other team).
- How likely he is to move back to Western Canada.
- How the major breweries are helping the microbreweries.
- How the demographics of microbrewery drinkers is changing.