We’ve had a busy week in Atlantic Canada, here’s the quick summary. Check the attached links for more details:
- Propeller Brewing Co in Halifax will be expanding to a second location. Having visited their Gottingen Street location many times, I can say that they outgrew it years ago, so I’m very happy to hear that there are solid plans in the works.
- Garrison Brewing Co in Halifax has released their Comet IPA, the first in a series of Single Hop beers. It is available at the brewery, private beer stores, and select NSLC locations (sorry NB, PEI and NL readers!).
- Good news from the Fredericton Craft Beer Festival (March 9 at the Delta Fredericton): they are beginning to release their list of breweries who will be attending. So far Gahan House/PEI Brewing Co, Garrison Brewing Co, McClelland Imports (reps for Affligem, Delerium Tremens and others) have been announced, but there will be plenty more!
- Bad news from the Garrison District Ale House: the damage was more extensive than first thought, and the road to recovery will take several months.
- The first of many fundraisers for the GDAH staff was held last night at Marky’s Laundromat Expresso Bar in Moncton. Check our Calendar page to keep to up date with the next ones planned in Fredericton and afar.
- Speaking of the Calendar: if you have any events you would like to have featured, please let us know (either in the comments or via the Contact page).
- This past Tuesday was the monthly Brewnosers meeting. There was a solid turnout of 15 members, and we tasted ~25 homebrewed and commercial beers. If you live in the HRM, consider coming out for them to share some great food and drink, on the second Tuesday of the month.
- The Aleanders (PEI’s homebrew and beer appreciation club) also met on Tuesday, with about 10 people in attendance.