Hello Beer Fans! Another busy week in Atlantic Canadian Beer. Here’s your Friday Wrap-Up:
- Tonight is Big Spruce Brewing’s Sydney release party, being held at Governor’s Pub on Esplanade at 5pm. Their release party in Bras d’Or was a big hit, and the good times are sure to continue. They’ve been open most weekday afternoons for growler fills, and on tap at more and more locations across Cape Breton, HRM, and parts in between.
- A final reminder that the Saint John Beerfest is taking place this Saturday, April 13th, at the Market Square Atrium. The doors open at 7:30, and there will be 130+ beers, many of which are not available at the ANBL. Food from some talented local chefs and kitchens will be available, and are included in the ticket price. There are still tickets available through the Harbour Station Box Office.
- Picaroons will be hosting a tap takeover at Wilser’s Room in Fredericton starting at 7:00 pm on Friday, April 19th. Part of their “Prohibition Repeal Party“, there will be 12 different Picaroons beers available, with the strong possibility of both Winter Warmer and Timberhog aged in Glenora barrels, and Yippee IPA on cask. It’s also possible that their summer beer, Dooryard, will be available, ahead of the April 22nd official release date. The band Gypsophilia will be performing at 9:30. No tickets, just show up for a great time!
- Thursday marked the release of Garrison Brewing’s second One-Hop beer, this time it’s Citra. Clocking in at 56 IBU and 6.5%, this has the potential to be a great summer IPA available at the private stores as well as the NSLC. They intend to brew it throughout the summer, so it might even make it to other Atlantic provinces!
- To correspond with its arrival in NLC stores, Mike Buhler and Tom Beckett are leading a Flying Monkeys tasting on April 18th at the Qidi Vidi Brewery, just outside of St. John’s. They will be pouring samples of Smashbomb Atomic IPA, Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale, Hoptical Illusion, Amber Ale, and Matador Imperial IPA. Tickets are $19 and include a pint of Qidi Vidi beer before the event, roast beef and bread to cleanse the palate between samples, and great discussion from Mike and Tom. Contact Tom via email to reserve a spot.