Looking for an excuse to get into shape… and drink beer as well? Look no further – on Monday, August 5th (New Brunswick Day), the Fredericton Beer Run will commence at 12:00 pm. Registration is immediately prior to the event (11:00 – 11:50); those participating can register for a 6 km or 12 km route. Recently featured as one of 10 “must-run races in Canada” in Best Health Magazine, the run will begin at the Pedway at the end of Carleton St., and continue along Fredericton’s beautiful downtown trails. Afterwards, the party will really get started, as events move to the Historic Garrison District (tent-covered).
Only 100 tickets will be sold. Each is $50, and includes the following:
• A custom-designed, 16 oz beer stein
• A custom-designed running bib
• Beer tickets for fifteen 4-oz samples
• Free food from the on-site barbecue
• Random prizes during the beer sampling
• $10-off your 2014 Fredericton Craft Beer Festival ticket, as well as first dibs for VIP tickets
Participating breweries will include Shiretown Beer, Picaroons, Grimross, PEI Brewing Company, and Melville’s (Innis & Gunn), as well as European-beer importer McLelland Premium Imports. Tickets are available for purchase here. They’re currently over 50% sold-out, so don’t wait too long! You can also follow the event’s Facebook page for further details.