There’s been lots of developments since our first/last Friday Wrap-Up, here’s just a few teasers:
- PEI Brewing Company’s Beach Chair Lager is now available in NB. It joins their four other listings (1772 IPA, Iron Horse Brown Ale, Island Red and Sir John A’s Honey Wheat). They are also in the midst of major expansions, to open in May.
- The Garrison Brewing Home Brew-off Challenge closed last week, and there were 69 entries! The judging is taking place now, and the Awards Gala (which coincides with the release of last year’s winning Rye IPA by Kellye Robertson) is Thursday, March 21.
- Speaking of Garrison, their Ass-Kicker IPA is being released today. I’ll have more details on that shortly. They’ve also got another of their One Hop IPA beers coming soon. Their Comet Pale Ale was VERY popular!
- The 2nd Annual Saint John Beer Fest is happening April 13th, at the Market Square Atrium. We’ll have a full write-up soon.
- Bridge Brewing Co. has rejigged their Gus’ 65m Blonde Ale recipe, so it is worth checking out again (or for the first time). And they have kegs back on tap at Gus’ Pub! And their Farmhouse Ale is at Chez Tess.
- Hell Bay Brewing Co. is in the middle of major expansion and will be opening in the next months.
Wow, and that just scratches the surface! We’ll keep our ears open and fingers a-typing to keep you up to date, gang! Please forward on any tips to your friendly neighbourhood ACBB staff. 🙂 Now go out and drink! Both Rockbottom Brewpub and Hart and Thistle Gastropub in Halifax have some great beers on currently, including a special firkin Saturday at Rockbottom. The last couple have been selling out within a few hours, so better get there promptly at 1pm.